[gui-talk] FW: Email to Phone

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Tue Feb 24 16:47:57 UTC 2009

FYI!

Subject: email2phone Service for the Blind and Visually Impaired

To: President

      North Dakota Association of the Blind

My name is Ron Schroeder, I am the Marketing Director for
email2phone.net an Internet and technology company that offers a
versatile service that converts ordinary text emails to voice messages
and delivers them over the phone. We are soliciting your comments
because we believe that email2phone.net may constitute a powerful new
and innovative tool for the blind and visually impaired.  We are also
attempting to establish a dialog with organizations such as yours to
gain feedback and possibly incorporate any special requirements that you
may suggest into future upgrades of the email2phone system and web site.

email2phone.net Service for the Blind and Visually Impaired

Through the use of assistive technologies, email2phone.net provides the
blind and visually impaired a means to utilize and participate in
the email connection without visual devices.   Using computer
software and modern speech technology, email2phone.net converts ordinary
text emails into phone voice messages and delivers them to any phone,
anywhere and also provides the user with the capability to dial-in and
listen to their email voice messages.  This simple concept can help
overcome the unique set of challenges faced by the blind and visually
impaired and place them 'in the loop' of communications with family and
friends.  To many it can also mean a more active role in their job or
organization.
Easy to set up, easy to use, and virtually maintenance free,
email2phone.net users do not need to own a computer.

How does email2phone.net work?

A user account is created with email2phone.net and an email address
similar to yourname at email2phone.net is assigned.   Emails may be sent
directly to this address.

Users may also set the preference in their regular email service (AOL,
Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) to forward emails to yourname at email2phone.net.
Emails that are received by email2phone.net are then converted into a
high-quality voice messages and delivered to the specified phone
number.   The receiver of the email2phone.net voice message has the
option to reply to the sender.

The user may also choose to dial in to their email2phone.net account and
select the messages they want to listen to as high-quality voice
messages.   An optional feature of email2phone.net, used instead of
forwarding emails from email service accounts, provides the user with
direct dial in access to unopened emails in their email service accounts
(visit the email2phone.net web site at www.email2phone.net for a
complete description of email2phone.net features).

How can prospective users try email2phone.net service and how much does
it cost?

Prospective users can sign-up for a Free 30-Day Trial by visiting our
web site at www.email2phone.net.  Users may sign up for a regular paid
account by visiting our web site or by calling email2phone customer
service.  email2phone.net package prices begin at $10/Mo.

Your comments and feedback

Much of our ability to deliver a useful, cost effective and reliable
product to the blind and visually impaired depends upon the feedback we
receive from our current blind and visually impaired users and
organizations such as yours.

We would appreciate your comments and feedback regarding email2phone.net
and if your organization has a formal process before recommending new
technologies or if our company requires certification and what those
processes might entail.

Contact information

email2phone Website: www.email2phone.net

Email Address: sales at corp.email2phone.net

Customer Support: 888-364-5101

FAX: 888-794-3554

Mailing Address:       AcrossCommunications Inc.

                                    1001 Twelve Oaks Center Drive, Suite
1022

                                    Wayzata, MN 55391

Ron Schroeder