[gui-talk] CPU

Evelyn Weckerly weckerly at i2k.com
Thu Feb 19 20:08:15 UTC 2009

Hi, All,

I have an 80-year-old friend whose grandsone assembled and gave a
computer to her, so it's not new. I need some help from you techs and
computer builders.

She is getting the following message:

CPU is unworkable or has changed.

Earlier in the week, she had to unplug it to get it to turn off. This
was after she was unable to connect to the Internet or start Outlook
Express. I suspect or fear the worst. Professional help will cost
$75, to begin with. It this appears to be a problem that wil cost
several hundred dollars, obviously this is not worth fixing. I'd
appreciate some comment and even some qauestions if they will lead to
a solution.

Regards,

Evelyn