[gui-talk] proper install of Firefox

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Wed Feb 18 17:00:15 UTC 2009

Hi Listers,
I would like to install Firefox as an alternative to my default IE 7
browser, for the time being, while I familiarize myself with it.

Someone advised that during the Firefox install you unclick the item that
would make Firefox your default browser, and that on that same dialogue tab
you also must check the radio button for custom install as opposed to
Standard Install.

Is it necessary to check the radio button for custom install in order to
make the first choice work? If not, what actual purpose is there in the
Custom Install option? Anything a Firefox newbie should be concerned with?

thanks,
Joel