[gui-talk] looking for a good spyware program

albert griffith albertgriffith at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 7 13:08:32 UTC 2009

Try Windows Defender.  It's gotten a bad name but time and time again when
I've read about it in publications not promoting spyware products of their
own it comes out alright.  For along time I ran two spyware programs and I
had Windows Defender run first automatically so I could see what it caught.
Then, I'd run my other program to see if it picked up anything. Most of the
time the latter program didn't find any more spyware.  When it did they were
of low value just cookies.   Know I allow most cookies to be installed.
Therefore, make sure your antivirus definitions are kept up to date and
configure your firewall properly but run the defender and let your spyware
catching efforts go at that.  I've been using this method of operation for a
year without incident and I use my computer allot.