[gui-talk] Fwd: MaPlEr V1.08 released!

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sun Feb 1 11:45:43 UTC 2009

MaPlEr is an accessible media player that is designed to work with
screen readers.  -Steve.

From: Scott Erichsen pianoman at scotterichsen.com
To: vip-l at softspeak.com.au

Hello to all,

After a while of working, we now have released Version 1.08 of MaPlEr.
We have added a lot of new features and we hope you'll enjoy them.
For this update please do not use the update feature of MaPlEr. Please
download the setup file from our homepage, and install it. This is
necessary because of integrating the CD-Ripping-Feature.

The direct download link is
http://www.odissa.de/php/CHCounter/getfile.php?id=10

a word about the conversion function:
to convert to MP3 files you have to download the program
lame.exe.
You can get it e.g. on this site>
http://audio.ciara.us/rarewares/lame3.98.2.zip
Please unzip the file and copy
lame.exe
to the program folder, where you have installed MaPlEr.
Because of license laws we are not allowed to bundle lame.exe with our
program.
But if you download it your own, it's not illegal.

I'll attach the what's new list at the end of the mail.

Best regards from here and we are waiting for your feedback and hope
you'll have much fun with the new version!
Marco (Mar-dy-Team).

V1.08.0:
- Integrated the English help file.
- We have rapidly decreased the time to recognize the tracks
  of an audio CD.
- Assign shortcuts to all labels of the different
  dialog boxes.
- Extras | convert: with this feature you can convert
  several audio formats to another. With this dialog
  you can convert audio CD's to MP3 too.
  Please refer to our homepage for more information.
- If you insert an audio CD in your CD-ROM-Drive, you can select
  MaPlEr to play this CD right from this popup menu.
- If you have multiple sound cards you can switch between
  the soundcards. This can be done while MaPlEr is playing too.
- view | column settings: with this entry you can tell MaPlEr
  which columns should be shown and the width of each column.
  The order of the columns can be set here too.
- view | Display columns as one long row: this
  displays all the columns as one long row, without
  many spaces between. This setting is useful especially
  for use with a braille display.
- view | refresh: this refreshes the entries of the currently
  loaded play list.
- Player | player follows cursor: if you deactivate this entry
  you can navigate through the play list, without
  stopping the playback of the current track. If you
  want to listen to the track, which has
  the focus, you must explicitly play it by pressing
  the letter x.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
Windows Live Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com