[gui-talk] Need subscribe addy for Blind Audible mailing list

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Tue Dec 22 03:52:03 UTC 2009

Hi listers,

The subject line says it all. My good old Sandisk Sansa M230, which I've
long used for playing music files, Audible books, and even listening to FM
thanks to people who helped me learn how to use the radio without seeing the
menu, is breaking down. And I want to replace it with something equally
inexpensive. I can't afford things like the Victor Reader Stream, and I use
the NLS digital player to download and listen to NLS books.

Obviously, I wouldn't mind hearing any recommendations for Audible-ready
commercial .mp3 players like mine, even from folks on this list itself, but
I'd like to subscribe to the Blind Audible list in order to have more people
to consult about this. Yes, I know there's always a list of audible-ready
players on the Audible site, and I plan to take a look at it. But I would
like to be on a list where people talk about which players they use, and
what their experiences learning those players and using them is like.

Any help will be appreciated. By the way, when I say my player's "breaking
down," what I mean isn't that it's not functioning electronically any more.
it's just that some piece of the plastic body adjacent to the snap-in-place
battery cover has broken off, so the cover won't stay put anymore. Right now
I'm Scotch-taping the battery cover to the body, but of course that makes
changing batteries rather a hassle, which I do with some frequency as I like
to use rechargeable batteries, which simply don't last as long as regular
Alkaline AA's, even though of course they're more frugal because I can keep
recharging them.

Sorry for the long story, to those who don't care about something or other
that I said. Again, anyone know the subscribe address of the Blind Audible
list?

Thanks.