[gui-talk] Updates

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at loc.gov
Fri Dec 18 19:27:49 UTC 2009

I don't know how you respond to a tooltip in JAWS.  In Window-Eyes it would
be Insert-NumPlus twice, then perhaps right-click.

Instead, I would find the message on the system tray (Insert-F11 in JAWS or
Insert-S in Window-Eyes), find the message, then press Enter on it to get a
context menu.  You can also use the Windows keystroke Windows-B to go
directly to the system tray, from which you select the updates
notification.  Once you have the update process started, you can either let
it run on the system tray or click on it again so you can monitor its
progress and see what is being updated.

I hope this helps.

At 01:42 PM 12/18/2009, you wrote:
>OK, I am using a laptop, jaws ten, and XP.  I keep getting this message
>when I start up,  just paraphraseing,  " updates are ready for your
>computer, click here to install..."  OK, I thought it was f8 but nothing
>happens, can someone tell me what key combination it is please so I can up
>date.
>
>Thanks,
>
>David Wermuth

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535   <http://www.loc.gov/nls>
HOME:  <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of NLS.