[gui-talk] Fwd: Jaws 11.0.756 Hot Fix is out

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Dec 18 02:08:49 UTC 2009

 From:    Daniel Keogh DKeogh at quantumtechnology.com.au
 To:      vip-l at softspeak.com.au

Hi all,

A new Jaws 11 has been released.  New in this version:

Enhanced Typing Support For Focus Braille Displays

Jaws has always had the ability to receive text input from the Braille
keyboard on Focus Braille displays. This functionality has been expanded
to allow you to do almost everything you can do using PAC Mate Remote.
You can still input computer Braille anywhere in Windows with the added
benefit of being able to control your PC directly from the display. Note
that there are several keystrokes that are different or not supported.
This is due to lack of function keys on the Focus displays.

Research It

New sources have been added to this release. You will need to enable
these in the configuration manager.

Windows 7 Authorization

The authorization problem some people were experiencing under Windows 7
has now been fixed. If you are a Windows 7 user and experience problems
after installing this build please contact your dealer. These problems
can only be fixed if people report them. I can assure you since I'm the
one who sends a lot of it that your feedback does get to Freedom
Scientific.

How do I get it?

There are 2 ways you can get this build:
1. Use the Check for Updates feature in the Jaws help menu.

2. Download the full installer from the Freedom Scientific web site and
install over the current Jaws 11. We recommend this method as you won't
need to update your Jaws if you have to reinstall.

Direct links to download Jaws are:

32 bit
ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/JAWS/J11.0.756
-32bit.exe

64 bit
ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/JAWS/J11.0.756
-32bit.exe

Regards,
 Danny Keogh
Quantum Technology
Blindness Software/Hardware Sales and Support
Phone:  03 9545 4102
Mobile:  0439 022 146
Email  dkeogh at quantumtechnology.com.au

Our 2010 scholarship program is now open. See
www.quantumtechnology.com.au/scholarshipprogram
for more details.

Quantum Technology Home:  www.quantumtechnology.com.au

Regards Steve