[gui-talk] Fwd: JAWS scripts for Mozilla Thunderbird

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Wed Dec 16 03:58:22 UTC 2009

From: Jamal Mazrui empower at smart.net
To: JAWSscripts at FreeLists.org

Thanks go to Daniel Dalton for some ideas I got from scripts he wrote
for an earlier version of Thunderbird.  I developed these scripts for
the new Thunderbird 3.0.  I welcome feedback and suggestions for
improving them.
The scripts are available either as a zip archive at
http://EmpowermentZone.com/tb_scr.zip

or as an executable installer at
http://EmpowermentZone.com/tb_scr.exe

Current documentation is below.

Jamal

JAWS Scripts for Mozilla Thunderbird
Beta 0.5
December 15, 2009
Copyright 2009 by Jamal Mazrui
GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

Contents

Introduction
General Mode Keys (keys that are generally available):
Virtual Mode Keys (additional keys when reading a message):
----------

Introduction

These scripts are for Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0, which is freely available
from
http://GetThunderbird.com

The scripts have hotkeys that correspond to two modes of operation:
virtual mode and general mode.  Virtual mode is when the virtual PC
cursor is active for reading an open mail message.  General mode is the
rest of the time.
----------

General Mode Keys (keys that are generally available):

Control+Shift+A=SelectThread
Control+Shift+B=AddressBook
Control+E=EditMessage
Control+F=ForwardMessage
Control+Shift+J=JunkMessage (mark a message as spam for the junk filter)
Control+Shift+L=ReplyToListMessage
Control+Shift+M=MoveMessage
Control+N=NewMessage
Control+Shift+N=NotJunkMessage (mark a message as not spam for the junk
filter)
Control+P=PrintMessage
Control+R=ReplyMessage
Control+Shift+R=ReplyToAllMessage
Control+S=SaveMessage
Control+Shift+S=SearchMessages
Control+Enter=SendMessage
F2=RenameFolder
F5=RefreshMail (get new messages)
Alt+Apostrophe=QuoteClipboard (say content of clipboard)
Alt+Shift+Apostrophe=ClearClipboard
Shift+Space=SaySelectedText (easier to press than JAWSKey+Shift+DownArrow)
Alt+Shift+F10=ScriptMenu (pick from a list of available scripts)
----------

Virtual Mode Keys (additional keys when reading a message):

alt+1=SayFromField
alt+2=SaySubjectField
alt+3=SayToField
alt+4=SayCCField
alt+5=SayBCCField
Control+F3=ForwardFind
Control+Shift+F3=ReverseFind
F3=FindNext
Shift+F3=FindPrior
F8=StartSelection (mark start of text to be selected)
Shift+F8=CompleteSelection (select text from start point to current
position)
Control+F8=CopyAll (copy all text to clipboard)
Alt+F8=ReadAll (read all text without moving the cursor)
Control+C=Copy (copy current line if no selection)
Alt+C=CopyAppend (append to clipboard rather than replacing it)
Control+Space=SelectChunk (select contiguous text without stopping at
punctuation)
Alt+Delete=SayActiveCursor (say line, column, and percent position of
virtual cursor)
Alt+Y=SayYield (say number of characters, words, and lines in message)

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com
Skype:  steve1963