[gui-talk] Daydreaming about PC laptops. Any comments?

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Aug 16 02:09:25 UTC 2009

Net books are not necessarily "cloud computing."
   Cloud computing is using applications via the internet,
applications that run from a server, and are accessed with your
internet browser.  A Net Book is a small, stripped down laptop.  So,
Sherry, if your laptop is of recent vintage, you might be happier
with it than a net book.

The performance of netbooks is ok, but nothing great, fine for a
little e-mail or browsing.

Dave