[gui-talk] Fwd: MacFixIt.com to offer free access to tutorials and articles starting September 2, 2009

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Aug 14 11:21:25 UTC 2009

From: Esther moriond at mac.com

Hi,

One of the web sources of information I use to troubleshoot
problems, especially ones related to new Mac system software update
releases, popular Apple software, or new Apple product releases, is
the MacFixIt.com site.  Two features make this a useful site to
check: first, there's a wide readership that reports on any problems
and attempted solutions encountered after software updates.  This
means that if you happen to encounter a problem, it's likely to be
reported in by someone else to MacFixIt, and there will possibly
even be a posted solution for a fix.  Secondly, they run periodic
articles and tutorials about the Mac. The content can be freely read
by the general audience for 3 days after posting, but up till now
you needed to have a MacFixIt Pro subscription to read content after
3 days.  Starting in September, all content will be made available
without charge, as outlined in the appended announcement:

Cheers,

Esther
                CNET MacFixIt            August 6, 2009
Dear MacFixIt Pro Subscriber,

Today we are announcing a change to MacFixIt.com and the MacFixIt Pro
service. As you are probably aware, MacFixIt was acquired by CNET
(with
VersionTracker) in 2007. One benefit of that acquisition is that we
are now
able to provide all of the content on MacFixIt.com for free.

As of 9/2/2009 all articles will become available free-of-charge,
allowing
anyone to access the most timely, comprehensive and unbiased library
of Mac-
related repair and troubleshooting advice available online. We will
no longer
offer paid subscriptions to MacFixIt.com.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com