[gui-talk] free daisy player

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Thu Aug 13 04:34:09 UTC 2009

Lloyd,

Thanks for the extra explanation. And congratulations on your nicely
advancing recovery. Just keep taking that Coreg and keep your spirits high
and your fingers crossed. I talked my cardiologist and my
electrophysiologist into lowering the bar for pulse rate on my ICD below 60
so that the pacemaker won't have to keep kicking in and running down the
battery faster than necessary, whether or not the defibrillator has to zap
me or not. Now if they had a way to replace the battery or recharge it
without cutting you open and installing a new device, I wouldn't worry so
much about this ironic situation of the beta blockers working so well that
the pacemaker has to continually push my pulse rate back up to normal. But,
well, you know. Just trying to be "proactive," as they say. "Active," alone,
used to be sufficient. but you know. We have to hyperbolize everything. but
I digress.

keep up the good work. Stay strong.
joel