[gui-talk] What does one have to do with the other?

Kenlawrence124 at aol.com Kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sat Apr 25 14:49:53 UTC 2009

Hi List members, Ken here with a baffling question.  My Windows XP  machine
was doing the same thing as this one and we've taken it to be  reformatted.
 Now all of the sudden, this windows 2000 machine does the  same thing and
I'm baffled.  When the sign on screen of AOL is up I hit  enter and it
connects, but when the machine says you've got mail, all at once it  just stops
talking even when thunder is running at the same time.  I do  know that a
portal opens up and a whole bunch of pages come up on the welcome  screen but
there is no way to close them down because nothing talks.  not  even the tell
me what window it is command.  I'm sure the computer is doing  what the
keyboard command is telling it, but no speech comes out.  Jaws  isn't shutting
down, it not shutting thunder down either, it all of the sudden  just clams
up.  it's like the cat has it's tongue.  If I force it to  reconnect by
holding down one of the touchpad keys on the phone suddenly Jaws  remembers to
talk.  What is loaded on the AOL welcome screen that would  inter fear with
Jaws if display animation in web pages is off?  it is a  problem on all
screen reader and this machine is just starting this.  is  something going on the
machine that would cause this to happen.  What does  connection have to do
with speech?  what is happening when AOL welcomes me  after the you've got
mail announcement?  They shouldn't have anything to do  with each other.  I'm
trying to see if the mail waiting to be sent dialog  coming up prevents
this from happening.  So composing offline and sending  when I connect.      I
pledge to participate actively in the  efforts of the national federation of
the blind To achieve equality,  opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the policies and programs of  the federation; and abide by its
constitution.
**************Check all of your email inboxes from anywhere on the web.
Try the new Email Toolbar now!
(http://toolbar.aol.com/mail/download.html?ncid=txtlnkusdown00000027)