[gui-talk] Important Security Update for Winamp

albert griffith albertgriffith at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 23 20:47:29 UTC 2009

They've added a new twist to the installation procedure.  The vary last item
tries to get you to agree to the addition of an online service.  Most of
them are free but agreeing to even one can cause the library to open when
you try to open the player.  There's probably a preference to be checked or
unchecked to get around this.  I got rid of the annoyance with this
installation but I had to hit control P then left arrow when the preferences
opened to make the library go away.  I did this until this new build because
I was too lazy to uninstall the program.