[gui-talk] retaining all e-mail messages on primary computer

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Apr 22 15:02:04 UTC 2009

If you have already checked the "leave on Server" box in the advance tab of your account properties, I am going to assume that you know how to get there.
When that box is checked, two additional boxes can then be accessed right after that bos by pressing TAB.  The first allows you to leave messages on the server
for a certain length of time.  You want to be sure that is not checked.  The second check box causes messages to be deleted on the server when you delete them.
This should also be unchecked.  I am guessing that either you may not have checked the leave on server, or if you did, you may also have the "Delete from server
when deleted" checkbox checked.  Please note that I may not have these labels completely right, but they should be close enough to give you an idea.  If you are
using an IMAP or other type of server than POP, there may be other options.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson