[gui-talk] another MLB problem

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Apr 15 05:03:23 UTC 2009

I think MLB Advanced Media is still having *massive* problems with its
media Player. Quite a number of games show as going to be "archived
soon" long after they should have been archived, the Home Feed of the
Mariners game isn't available (it's one of those that's supposedly being
archived) and the Away (Angels) feed launchd but no audio. Moreover, the
Home Feed of the game -- KIRO -- worked for the live game -- at least
early in the game when I checked it. Man, if we had such sloppy
programming where I work, heads would roll and/or we'd be on the job
24/7 til we had things going. All this should have been worked out
before the season without the users being the alpha-testers (the Media
Player isn't good enough to be classed as a beta!). Rest assured that
plenty of sighted people are having problems with the feeds also; access
problems just exacertate the situation for us.

I'm thinking of cancelling my subscription. But I may hang on a couple
more days to see if MLB gets its act together.

Mike