[gui-talk] MLB GameDay Audio

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Apr 12 04:49:24 UTC 2009

Hello, everyone.

I assume that those of you who are baseball addicts have discovered that
MLB Advanced Media now uses a Flash player to stream GameDay Audio
broadcasts. One must log into http://www.mlb.com and, having done this,
go to http://www.mlb.com/mediacenter to make the player work even
halfway decently with screen-readers -- something that is admitted to on
the Flash player's banner.

Only problem is that the Media Center always takes you to either the
home feed or the away feed; the other feed doesn't work. I read from an
article in the MLB help forum that for the sighted, the Flash player
shows both feeds and one can switch to the other feed by hitting the
appropriate button. Need I say, however, that this button doesn't show
up for screen-readers (at least for JAWS)?

Anyone have a work-around so that one has a choice of feeds, assuming
MLB ADvanced Media doesn't get around to fixing this before 2013? I was
on the phone with them for quite a while this morning and they fessed up
to the problem and said it would be fixed in an hour. Well, it's been a
whale of a lot longer than an hour and the bug is still there! GRRR!

Mike Freeman