[gui-talk] Fwd: If you have never been able to get WE4Java for Window-Eyes running - A trouble shooting tip

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sat Apr 4 04:08:05 UTC 2009

From: Macarty, Jay {PBSG}
To: gw-scripting at gwmicro.com

All,

I have had a couple of people report that they installed WE4Java but have never gotten it to speak even though the install verification tool says all components were installed as expected. Last evening, we were successful in correcting this issue for one of our users who has faithfully installed each new release but has never gotten WE4Java to talk. It turned out that the COM-to-Java bridge API has a dependency on a C++ 2005/2008 runtime dll that may not be installed on all machines.

If you have had an issue with WE4Java not speaking anything at all, this may be the situation. If so, you can download and install the required C++ library from the URL given below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en