[gui-talk] resetting the computer back to an earlier date

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at loc.gov
Tue Nov 18 13:31:47 UTC 2008

I'm not sure that Windows Restore restores stuff you have deleted from
theRecycle Bin.  If you are a member of Bookshare currently, it would
probably be less hassle, especially with Window-Eyes, to download the book
again.

At 11:23 PM 11/17/2008, you wrote:
>Hi Gang,
>
>I'm in trouble.  I inadvertantly deleted a book I had ready for Bookshare
>by emptying the recycle bin.  I've never done it but I thought if I could
>set the computer back to an earlier setting a couple days back maybe I
>could retrieve it then.  Unfortunately I've never done that and don't have
>the foggiest idea as to how to do it.  Could somebody give me step by step
>instructions as to how to do it?  I am running xp home edition I believe.
>Thanks for any help.  I'd be pulling my hair but I don't have it any more.
>

>Bud Schwab
>W 6 Z Y P
>Malibu, California

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535   <http://www.loc.gov/nls>
HOME:  <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of NLS.