[gui-talk] access at the ballot box

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 1 01:59:22 UTC 2008

Hi all --
I just went to our county website and read the sample ballot they posted on
the net, first in pdf format, then in html.
I had a hard time making sense of either. The formatting was lost to me and
of course the levers or buttons our whatever weren't labeled.
Does anyone have a solution to resolve this problem?
I am told that the voting process is fully accessible and that I will
hopefully be able to bring a set of headphones and listen to the
instructions -- but I wanted to research the candidates I don't know before
voting on this ballot.

What do other people do during elections? I am hoping, probably in vain,
that the poll will indeed have an accessible voting machine, and that I
won't need sighted assistance. I like privacy furing voting.

Anyway, just a rant and a question to others in the blind community.  This
will be the first time I vote in Minnesota.

Happy halloween -- don't let the goblins eat all the candy... send it to me.
I dressed up as a Katrina survivor with a bunch of sparkling mardi gras
beads around my neck and a crawfish hat.  No one said anything so I took it
off -- then they were really scared...*snicker*
--le