[gui-talk] Fwd: Web 2.0 Accessibility Forum

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sun Dec 28 15:27:46 UTC 2008

From: Jennison Mark Asuncion asuncion at alcor.concordia.ca
To: access-l at access-l.com

Hello,

I wanted to let folks know that I have just created a group on the
professional
networking platform LinkedIn called Web 2.0 Accessibility Forum, whose
focus
is, as its name suggests, on  all topics relevant to Web 2.0 and
accessibility.
Like it or hate it, Web 2.0 technologies are gaining momentum in their
adoption
and use in place of HTML alone to build rich internet experiences. The
objective therefore is to bring together users with disabilities who
have
experience interacting with Web 2.0 applications; individuals working on
accessibility efforts to make aspects of Web 2.0 accessible; and the
broader
community of Web 2.0 developers and champions to learn about and
collaborate on
ways to make these applications as accessible as possible.

The URL for the group's page is http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1605077 -
Note that if you are not a LinkedIn member, you will have to register. I
should say that as a screen reader user myself, LinkedIn is one of the
more
accessible professional networking platforms out there, which is
partially behind why I decided to house the forum there.

Jennison

Jennison Asuncion
Co-Director, Adaptech Research Network http://www.adaptech.org
LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/jennison