[gui-talk] what is dazy, niso and viktor reader

lras lras at sprynet.com
Wed Dec 24 06:09:32 UTC 2008

The DAISY format can include books having text only, text with audio, or
audio only.  Books from RFB&D and from NLS, at this time, are audio
recordings with no text.  NLS very rarely has their narrators spell  words.
RFB&D will spell words more often.  So you may have to work with a human
reader and a print copy of the book to get some of the spellings.

Bookshare books are NISO text format.  Most of them have been scanned and
run through optical character recognition, so there are some errors.  And I
don't know whether they have anything that would be helpful to you in your
courses.

I am writing from my brother's house in San Diego.  Judy is with her parents
in Illinois.  We will both be back home in Kensington by December 28.