[gui-talk] laptop recommendations, please

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Mon Dec 22 20:06:20 UTC 2008

You said the key word, in conjunction. The MSI does not do it in
conjunction with the keyboard. So if numlock is set to on, pressing the
j key by itself, gives you a 1, all other laptops I've had and worked
with, you have to hold down dn-key-j to get number 12 while numlock is
on. When numlock is set to off, fn-key-j performs the end key which in
Window-Eyes defaults to mouse pointer bottom-left. Sure, I could remap
the Window-Eyes hot keys, or use an external numpad, but I think this is
unacceptable.

The other issue with the MSI is that if you try to run a setup program
from its sd card slot on the right, you get a disk error and you have to
choose continue, or retry to get going. Unfortunately this includes
running Window-Eyes mobile. I first noticed it when running the
Window-Eyes setup program from the sd card to install it on the machine.

Other than that, I love all other features about it.