[gui-talk] this fax thing

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Fri Dec 19 17:46:46 UTC 2008

Albert,

So you're using your internal fax/modem as I hope to be  able to do? The
arrangement you describe with the lines is perfectly sensible, although in
my case, I've always had the splitter going into the single phone jacks  at
the wall like you but with my router (or fax modem, I'm not sure which
because I don't understand the principle and didn't set it up, myself) and
the other side goes to my primary voice phone, land line obviously, which I
keep on my desk beside my computer, as you would find in many such setups,
blind or not.\

do you not keep a phone on your desk, close at hand? Do you use only a cell
phone for your domestic phone, or at least for the one used while near the
computer?hone? Do you have your most important land line phone in the house
plugged into another phone jack on another baseboard, some rooms away from
where you sit at your desk?

Personally, what I'll want to do is find a way to make the splitter work as
a tree-way. The lSL Modem or my router, whichever it is, the land line
phone, and then also the fax/modem.

Am I missing something, not understanding something?

thanks.