[gui-talk] streams stopping

Rick Roderick rickrod at insightbb.com
Thu Dec 18 03:51:41 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

I am having this problem with both Winamp and Real Player.  This has
happened on several PLS streams.  The one I am trying to listen to now is:
www.radioheartland.org.

The stream plays fine for a few minutes.  Then, it suddenly stops.

In Winamp, I often get the message, "Buffering 0%."  I don't get any
particular message with Real Player.  The only thing that seems to work is
to go to my bookmarks or favorites and start the process all over again.

I am using a cable modem, and I have been getting very fast rates on most
things.  The top streams I am using are 128kpbs.

I am using Windows Vista.

What should I try?