[gui-talk] google has changed and searches are now difficult

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Mon Dec 15 00:22:03 UTC 2008

I didn't notice anything, either. I've already got a blocker working in IE
7, and I some time ago invited somewhat personalized search results ordering
by subscribing for a Google Mail account, which I don't actually use because
I hate their online interface, and although I did indeed study up at the
Fred's Head companion page recommended by Top Tech Tidbits and follow the
directions carefully, I can't get it to work right using POP3 and my OE. I
don't really care. It was just a goof, for remaining extra anonymous in the
cyberworld sometimes. No big deal.

Anyway, I haven't encountered some sort of new problem, either. Ggoogle is
googling along just fine for me.