[gui-talk] Accessibility of the Open Office suite

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Dec 10 15:16:34 UTC 2008

Rick,

It is my understanding that the current version of Open Office is not accessible to any screen reader.  As I understand it, the text is visible but cursor tracking and
identification of controls doesn't happen.  There is a new version coming out shortly that will be accessible, but may require the Windows Access Bridge, but I'm not
completely certain of that.  If someone here is involved in this project, it would be very nice to get the latest information.  We are starting to see corporations move
toward Open Office and it is probably going to become an employment issue.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson