[gui-talk] Kindle books

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Sat Dec 6 04:15:03 UTC 2008

Amazon probably wants to keep their books in a closed format.  And even if
this wasn't the case, publishers and authors don't want their books, even
the plain unadorned text, going out to all and sundry.  I believe that many
regret that the Chafee amendment was ever adopted.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls