[Colorado-Talk] NFB of Denver Announces Our Spring Employment Series

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 02:08:39 UTC 2021

March, April, May

Greetings all -
COVID-19 has changed almost every aspect of our lives over the past
year, and not least how we work, whether we have work,  and how we
find work during a socially-distanced pandemic. With the vaccine
roll-outs underway, we can finally anticipate the end of masks and
meeting restrictions, but we also know that many of these changes are
likely to remain with us for a good while.

And just how do you like  working from home and remote job interviews?

With all this in mind, the Denver Chapter Board put together a
three-part employment series to assist our blind members as we all
learn to navigate the changing employment landscape. But attendance
isn’t limited to the Denver Chapter. All are welcome!

March 20: We will explore the current landscape of employment. Many of
us have questions on how to tackle the job hunt in this new virtual
world. At the Denver March chapter meeting, we are going to explore
this topic. Come and hear about some tips and tricks for resume
writing, interviewing on the Zoom platform, and some of the best
places to look for jobs from blind members who have current experience
in the job hunt!

April 17: This month we’re going to continue exploring today’s
employment landscape. Hear from a panel of blind people that have cool
and interesting jobs. Let’s start thinking outside the box! We will
also have Zoom rooms ready for you to go practice your Zoom
interviewing skills with some mock interviews.

May 15: Staying Connected through Social Media and Virtual Networking!
We will wrap up our employment series by exploring indispensable
platforms such as LinkedIn, Skype, Clubhouse, Indeed, and other
networks that can be helpful for the job hunt.

Mark these dates on your calendar because these are going to be fun,
informative, interactive meetings you won’t want to miss. Be ready to
take notes and ask questions. See you on Zoom!

The Denver Chapter meets the 3rd Saturday of each month from 10 a.m.
to noon on Zoom. We will hold our regular business part of the meeting
in the first hour, and the employment series will be held during the
second hour.

NFB of Denver Chapter Meeting Zoom

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86765164389

Meeting ID: 867 6516 4389

Local Call: 720-707-2699

One tap mobile
7207072699,,86765164389

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Coordinator

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"