[Colorado-Talk] Demonstration Ballot Marking System Now Available to Blind and Print-Disabled Colorado Voters

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 18:46:53 UTC 2021

Greetings and felicitations to all:

Based on responses I have received regarding the email shown below, it has
become apparent that people who want to try this demonstration system are
confused because the system keeps telling them that they cannot be found. I
apologize for the confusion that my earlier email might have caused. I want
to clarify that the system discussed here is a demonstration system. This
means that if you enter what you think of as your own personal
identification information, you will not be found. Voting is available to
hypothetical test voter whose credentials are as follows:

Voter's name: Sample Accessible

Date of birth: 1/1/1999

County: Adams

State ID Number (should you choose to use this: ASDFGHJKL (all uppercase)

Last 4 Digits of Social Security Number: 1234

None of the candidates are real, just as the voter is not real. What we am
hoping to learn is whether or not blind voters can mark the ballot and
successfully print both the ballot and the ballot application. More
importantly, we need to know if, for the computer, tablet, or smartphone you
are using, the second document is populated with the test voter's
information: name, county, date of birth, etc. We also want to know how
difficult it is for anyone using this demonstration system to get both
documents printed.

Any information you provide will be extremely helpful as we continuing
working with Colorado's Secretary of State to improve Colorado's accessible
ballot marking system.

Best regards,

Curtis Chong