[Colorado-Talk] Guide Dog Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Thu Feb 18 16:57:30 UTC 2021

Howdy folks,

Hope you are staying warm. I have these items for your consideration. This
Sunday at 1 Mountain Time is the regular monthly Guide Dog Matters. It is
hosted by our National Association of Guide Dog Users. I am told a number of
our colleagues are finding this program very helpful and educational. I am
asking our colleague Paul Sandoval to send out the Zoom link for that Guide
Dog Matters program to all of us. It doesn't seem to be on my calendar.

Next! We will hold our regular monthly COAGDU get together at 4 p.m. this
Sunday afternoon, February 21. Our calls are kept to an hour or less unless
folks have pressing business? I do not expect this call to go an hour. We
will leave that up to the membership.

Third. It has been suggested that rather than developing a full-blown guide
dog seminar for Colorado in March. We can urge folks to participate in the
monthly, one hour guide dog matters seminars. It has also been suggested
that we work with the president of NAGDU and his team. Our division, COAGDU,
will participate by developing some of the Guide Dog Matters content from
time to time. This allows us to focus our efforts more thoughtfully and
intentionally. We all have much to do to build the National Federation of
the Blind. And, in general, to live the lives we want. If we find the Guide
Dog Matters monthly seminars to serve our purpose of educating and
motivating? There seems to be no reason to reinvent the wheel that works. We
will discuss this Sunday.

Previous Guide Dog Matters episode from January was recorded and is
available below my comment and the Zoom link for our COAGDU monthly meeting
this Sunday at 4. I will post information from the NAGDU president about
Guide Dog Matters. Remember that NAGDU also hosts a very informal "Yappy
Hour" this Saturday at 1 Mountain Time. That info is on the NAGDU calendar
or by contacting the multitalented and gracious Mr. Paul Sandoval.

Please remember that our monthly COAGDU calls are open to all of the
handlers, raisers, trainers, etc. Here are your Zoom coordinates for COAGDU
meeting this Sunday at 4: https://zoom.us/j/7206208007

Meeting ID: 720 620 8007

One tap mobile

+13462487799,,7206208007#

The recording of the Guide Dog Matters Zoom meeting from January can be
accessed and downloaded from

here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NHctFXwHwMcUQ-AQ7qNIffUfotJMl9_4/view?usp=s
haring

If you read this whole email you deserve a prize. Join us on the call Sunday
at 4. Let me know you have read this email to the end by saying the word
bark. First one on the call to say the word bark wins a prize. Remember, the
secret word is bark.

Forward, always forward!

Manager, Project Literacy

303-929-2369