[Colorado-Talk] Know Your Rights: VOCATIONAL REHABILITAION Mountain Time at 5

Jessica Beecham jbbeecham at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 01:45:54 UTC 2021

*Know Your Rights*

Wednesday, February 3 Mountain Time at 5 (4pm Pacific, 5pm Mountain, 6pm
central 7pm eastern) presents the first in a series of zoom programs
entitled, “*Know Your Rights*.” Each month, our Mountain Time at 5  cast of
usual suspects will be joined by experts who can explain the rights and
responsibilities blind Coloradans have. This Wednesday’s program feature
Vocational Rehabilitation. Future programs will consider the rights of
guide dog handlers, student rights, housing, voting, transportation, and
other subjects. If you have ideas for upcoming programs please contact us,
assistance at nfbco.org.

Mountain Time at 5 Wednesday, February 3 will feature a panel of true
experts.

   - Curtis Chong has worked in the area of technology for both private and
   public sector organizations. Curtis is a teacher, a developer, an activist,
   an advocate, and a mentor.
   - We will also be joined Julia Zanon. Julia was a highly successful
   rehabilitation counselor. She was also a supervisor for a number of years
   for the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. Ms. Zanon launched and
   managed the Blindness and Low Vision Services unit within DVR, which she
   directed until her retirement in 2019. Julia brings her kind and generous
   spirit to everything she does.
   - Also joining us will be Jodi Witthaus. Jodi is one of our Federation
   leaders and a counselor for the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.
   - President of NFBCO Scott LaBarre will also be on the call. Scott is a
   blind attorney who has often been engaged to represent VR clients in
   Colorado and elsewhere in the U.S.
   - Julie Deden has directed the Colorado Center for the Blind for more
   than 2 decades. In this role she works with both students who are receiving
   rehab services, as well as rehab counselors. Prior to directing our Center,
   Julie was always regarded by her clients as one of the most effective
   counselors.

This Mountain Time at 5 is meant for anyone, of any age, who would like to
know more about possibilities, rights, and responsibilities available to
consumers of Vocational Rehabilitation. If you are in transition to college
or work? If you are a current client. If you work with potential DVR
clients? If you are a Colorado Center for the Blind student. If you are a
parent or teacher of a teenager or young adult? If you want to know more
about what the system and you can do together *THIS* is the Mountain Time
at 5 call for you. For further information, assistance at nfbco.org. We will
be giving away two $25 Amazon gift cards to bring a smile to your face. Closed
captioning will be available
<https://www.streamtext.net/player?event=MOUNTAINTIMEAT5>.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/97417562247