[Colorado-Talk] converting audiable books into mp3 format

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 13:55:48 UTC 2021

Hi Amy -

I haven't done this in many years, but I believe that if you want to
play Audible books on something like a Victor Stream, you have to
authorize the player by donwloading an authorization key to the stream
or other device. The other option is to download an Audible app to
your laptop. to play it on that. I know that I used to download MP3
books via Audible, but I recall it was complicated and time-consuming,
so I don't do it anymore. Of course, the easiest thing in the whole
set of options is to get the Audible app on you iPhone and ead on tht.

As an FYI, I have been purchasing audio books from another service,
Libro FM. This service lets you assign your loyalty to a local,
independent book seller. I have chosen the Tattered Cover. There is an
iPhone app, but I haven't figured out how to speed up the recording,
so I don't6 bother with it. The thing that will most likely appeal to
you is that Libro FM books can easily be downloaded in MP3 and don't
required any authorization key, so you can play them on anything that
will play an MP3.

https://libro.fm/

HTH
Dan