[Colorado-Talk] Seeking Qualified Individuals To Host Zoom Breakout Rooms During the Convention

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 20:06:13 UTC 2020

Greetings fellow Federationists:

Paul Sandoval and I are looking for people to host the individual breakout
rooms that we are setting up for convention attendees to visit with
individual exhibitors. The breakouts start at noon and will close at 1:00 or
no later than 1:15. Any person managing the hosting of a breakout room would
be given co-host privileges and would need to be comfortable hosting Zoom
meetings. Ideally, this person will have experience hosting Zoom meetings
with a computer and will have that computer available to host the breakout
room.

If you believe you have the time and the ability to host a Zoom breakout
room from noon to 1:30 on Friday, October 30, please send an email to
chong.curtis at gmail.com or call me on my landline at 303-745-0473 so that I
can talk with you. Once we correspond via email or by phone, I will let
potential candidates know if they will be on the Zoom Breakout Room Team.

Here are some of the things breakout room hosts will be asked to do.

*	Be sure that everybody has a chance to ask questions of the
exhibitor and that no one dominates the conversation.
*	For individuals who show up as phone numbers, rename them so that
their names show up instead.
*	Alert the exhibitor if hands are raised which are not being
recognized.
*	Recognize when somebody is having trouble with Zoom (for example, a
person doesn't know how to leave the breakout room) and help them out as
best you can.
*	Mute anybody who needs to be muted.
*	Get in touch with me <mailto:chong.curtis at gmail.com>  or Paul
Sandoval <mailto:blindtechtraining at gmail.com>  if something comes up that
you can't handle.
*	Notify Paul Sandoval or me when everybody has left the breakout room
so we can close it down.

Paul and I would be glad to receive help with this. The hosting of breakout
rooms is probably the most demanding part of the convention in terms of the
number of folks we need to help us out. Please get in touch with me one way
or the other. Thank you.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong