[Colorado-Talk] Comcast Uses Storytelling Platforms to Raise Awareness About the Work of National Federation of the Blind Colorado Center During "Meet the Blind" Month

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Mon Oct 5 16:19:03 UTC 2020

Comcast Uses Storytelling Platforms to Raise Awareness About the Work of
National Federation of the Blind Colorado Center During "Meet the Blind"
Month

For Immediate Release

Littleton, Colorado (October 5, 2020): In honor of "Meet the Blind
<https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/meet-blind-month> " month, which
begins October 1, Comcast is launching a public service announcement
campaign <https://vimeopro.com/user119636527/co-center-for-the-blind>  to
help tell the story of the National Federation of the Blind Colorado Center
(NFBCO). The Center, based in Littleton, has been providing training,
expertise, and inspiration to the blind of all ages and their families since
1987. For the last two years, the organization held the NFBCO Comcast 6 Dot
Dash 5k to raise funds and awareness to support Braille literacy and
blindness skills training, scholarships for deserving blind students, summer
camps for blind children, and more. Comcast has proudly sponsored the event
and many Comcast employees have run with the blind in the race.

This year, the NFBCO Comcast 6 Dot Dash 5k will take place virtually. Over a
five-week period, participants can run, walk, or roll anywhere and
everywhere and track their process from coast to coast online.

According to Scott LaBarre, President of the National Federation of the
Blind of Colorado, "Comcast has contributed financial support and people
power to the work we do. This year, they have added their special brand of
media and messaging. We know that Blindness is not the characteristic that
defines us or our future. All too often, low expectations keep blind people
from achieving equal participation in society. The Comcast team recognizes
that and is helping to tell our real story."

"As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain, and empower,
Comcast is committed to bringing together diverse communities and inspiring
our customers, audiences, and employees to make a positive impact," said
Mary Spillane, Director of Community Impact for the Mountain West Region.
"As we all work together to navigate these new and uncertain times, we
remain focused on the importance of inclusivity and creating a better
experience for everyone."

To learn more and to register for the NFBCO Comcast 6 Dot Dash visit,
http://6dotdashco.com.

# # #

About the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado

The National Federation of the Blind of Colorado is the oldest and largest
organization of blind Coloradans. The National Federation of the Blind knows
that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future.
Every day we raise the expectations of blind people because low expectations
create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

About Comcast Corporation:

Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company
with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, and Sky. Comcast
Cable is one of the United States' largest high-speed internet, video, and
phone providers to residential customers under the Xfinity brand, and also
provides these services to businesses. It also provides wireless and
security and automation services to residential customers under the Xfinity
brand. NBCUniversal is global and operates news, entertainment and sports
cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television
production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures, and
Universal Parks and Resorts. Sky is one of Europe's leading media and
entertainment companies, connecting customers to a broad range of video
content through its pay television services. It also provides communications
services, including residential high-speed internet, phone, and wireless
services. Sky operates the Sky News broadcast network and sports and
entertainment networks, produces original content, and has exclusive content
rights. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com <http://www.comcastcorporation.com>
for more information.

CONTACT

Kevan Worley

Manager, National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Project Literacy

Kevan at nfbco.org <mailto:Kevan at nfbco.org>

303-929-2369

Alison Busse

Manager, External Communications, Comcast Mountain West Region

Alison_Busse at Comcast.Com <mailto:Alison_Busse at Comcast.Com>