[Colorado-Talk] Fwd: FW: CCB COVID-19 Update

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 00:51:30 UTC 2020

Good evening -

Many of you are on our CCB e-mail list, and so you will already have
received this. But Julie wanted to be sure that all of our NFB of
Colorado had the most up-to-date info about how we're dealing with
precautions and planning.

Colorado Center for the Blind

Take Charge with Confidence and Self-Reliance

COVID-19 Response, Precautions and Planning

The Colorado Center for the Blind is committed to insuring the health
and safety of all students, staff and visitors. So, we daily review
recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and state
and local health officials to ensure that we are following the latest
recommendations for the prevention of the spread of COVID-19. We
discuss these recommendations and how to implement them every day with
staff and students at our morning announcements. These precautions
include

  *   Washing hands often and thoroughly
  *   Use of hand sanitizer, placed strategically in the building
  *   Wiping down surfaces and cleaning frequently
  *   Staying home when sick
  *   Avoiding shaking hands , embracing and generally maintaining
appropriate personal distances
  *   Covering mouths when sneezing or coughing.

Current Status

We are currently accepting new referrals and new students continue to
arrive. We are a small agency and have 25 to 30 students at a time. As
we are small in numbers and thus the risk factors are low, we plan to
continue classes as usual, while continuing to monitor risk factors in
relation to local conditions.

Contingency Planning

At this time, no staff or student has been identified or suspected of
having COVID-19. In accordance with CDC, state and local health agency
recommendations, however, we will implement the following in the event
that one or more of our staff or students is suspected of or tests
positive for COVID-19, in addition to isolating the individual or
individuals with COVID-19:

1. If one individual is identified as having COVID-19, we will close
our center for 72 hours and conduct a deep cleaning.

2. If two or more individuals are identified as having COVID-19, we
will close the center for two weeks, as well as conducting a deep
cleaning.

3. We will maintain close communication with our local health
officials throughout.

(Note: The above recommendations are taken from CDC online documents.)

In the event that classes at the center's main facility are canceled,
we will make provisions to continue daily teaching and learning via
individual telephone calls and larger zoom workshops with students. We
will also insure that our students have everything they need at their
apartments and work closely with them to ensure their well-being.

Feel free to contact me if you should have any further questions. My
phone number is: 303-778-1130 and my email address is
jdeden at cocenter.org<https://cocenter.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=641&qid=52596>

Julie Deden

Executive Director

Phone: 303.778.1130
2233 West Shepperd Ave
Littleton, CO 80120
United States

Take Charge with Confidence and Self-Reliance
Web: cocenter.org<https://cocenter.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=642&qid=52596>
Facebook<https://cocenter.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=643&qid=52596>
Twitter<https://cocenter.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=644&qid=52596>
YouTube<https://cocenter.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=645&qid=52596>
Click the following link to
Unsubscribe<https://cocenter.org/civicrm?page=CiviCRM&q=civicrm%2Fmailing%2Foptout&reset=1&jid=466&qid=52596&h=9accc0860b942b57>

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Coordinator

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"