[Colorado-Talk] Old NFB records

Peggy Chong chongpeggy10 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 18:01:26 UTC 2020

Hello All:

I have just learned of several scrap books in the possession of the Pueblo
Chapter dating back decades that document the activities of the blind and
the Federation in the Pueblo Area.  They will be getting them to me at the
Colorado Center for the Blind soon to be included in our history
preservation project. This is very exciting.  So, again, I would like to
remind all of you, if you have old print documents, minutes, letters, news
clippings and more, we want to preserve them through our digitization
project component.  We would like to be able to send the files to the
digitization people by May, so you need and I want to say this  again, NEED,
to get them to me very soon!!!  After they have been preserved, Pueblo will
get their scrap books back to enjoy reading through at their future chapter
meetings.

This is only the first step in the process, but an important one.  What is
not digitized through the company will need to be done by hand and that
takes a lot of time.

Once the files are digitized, we will begin the transcription process
sometime this fall.  We will have more information for all chapters to
participate in the transcription and clean up of files.  We would like to
conclude the project by the end of 2024.  So there are lots of opportunities
for chapters to get involved in the history preservation project for your
members and within your communities.

So, again, please get any printed documents to me ASAP!!!  And, Look for me
at state convention in the fall for exciting news as to our progress and the
next steps.

Peggy Chong