[Colorado-Talk] Sports and Recreation at National Convention #NFB20move

Jessica Beecham jbbeecham at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 05:44:38 UTC 2020

 <https://zoom.us/j/92101955679>Hello Fellow Federationists!

The National Federation of the Blind Sports and Recreation Division is
pumped for a great #nfb20 convention. We have lots of exciting information
to share. First, our business meeting/seminar will take place on Thursday,
July 16 from 1:00PM-5:00PM Eastern. The agenda and Zoom information will be
posted at the end of this email. Everyone is welcome to participate, but if
you would like to vote in our convention, please pay $5.00
<https://www.paypal.me/nfbsportsandrec>
for dues and send your name, address, phone number, and email address to
jbbeecham at gmail.com.
https://www.paypal.me/nfbsportsandrec

The Sports and Recreation Division decided to bring you content that you
could access at any time day or night. Join our Facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/176619816827189 for access to described
workouts, meditations, family fun exercise, and much more!

Join the #NFB20move challenge for your chance to win one of 3 Amazon Gift
Cards valued at $75.00 each.

Every morning the NFB Sports and Recreation Division will leave #nfb20move
post. Comment on that post with your step count, calorie burn, minutes
spent doing exercise, or just tell us what you did to stay active during
convention that day. Every day you post about your activity, you will earn
1 entry into our drawing.

If you post a video or picture (described please) of  you doing your
activity you can earn a second entry for that day.

For every described workout video that you create and post to our group you
receive 5 additional drawing entries so describe your favorite workout and
share it with your friends!

Please use #nfb20move in your posts and post your movement information and
photos/videos under the daily #nfb20move post. You can be as active as you
want and earn entries to our drawing by moving each day!

Drawing winners will be drawn and notified through FaceBook on July 19th,
the day after convention.

So remember,
Register as a member
Join our business meeting
Join our Facebook Group
Move during convention and tell us about it using #nfb20move

*Sports and Recreation*

*Annual Division Meeting*

*National Federation of the Blind*

*Thursday, July 16, 2020*

*1PM-5PM EST*

*Zoom Meeting Link *https://zoom.us/j/92101955679.

*Dial In Number: *346-248-7799

*Meeting ID: *921 0195 5679

*One-Touch Dial: *346-248-7799,,92101955679

*1:00     Introduction of the Board*

*1:25     Opening Mindfulness Activity*

*1:30     Treasurer's Report*

*1:35     Elections*

*1:55     Staying Active During the Pandemic Panel Presentation*

            Amber Sherrard                      San Francisco Lighthouse
for the Blind

            Maureen Nietfeld                    National Federation of the
Blind of Colorado/Colorado Center for the Blind

 Kyle Hanneman                      Blind Incorporated

 Linda Melendez                      National Federation of the Blind of
New Jersey

*2:30     Eating Healthy Panel*

            Amber Sherard                       National Dietetic
Technician Registered

            Jessica Beecham                   M.S. Exercise Science

            Maureen Nietfeld                    B.S. Lifestyle Medicine

*3:00     Uniting Blind Runners and Walkers with Sighted Guides*

            Chaz Davis                              Paralympian

            Kyle Robidoux                         Ultra-Runner

*3:15     Questions*

*3:20     One Touch Self Defense*

            Stephen Hanchu                     President, 1Touch Project

            Mark Melonson                       Level 2 1Touch Instructor

*3:40     Questions*

*3:45     ReVision Training by Tyler Merren*

            Tyler Merren                           Founder, Personal Trainer

*4:05     Questions*

*4:10     All About Aromatherapy*

            Christella Garcia                     Licensed Massage Therapist

*4:25     Questions*

*4:30     Division Goal Setting 2020-21*

            Round Table Discussion