[Colorado-Talk] Heads Up! Denver to Vote on banning subminimum wages

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 15:39:09 UTC 2019

This comes from Josh Winkler on the One Strong Voice list serve. I
think I know what I'll be doing on Monday night, even though I don't
live in Denver. I'll pass along more info as it comes across ...

# # #

On Monday, the Denver City Council is voting on the Denver local
minimum wage ordinance. Councilman Hinds will run an amendment
specifying that the minimum wages apply to all workers, including
those with disabilities. Here's the info:

Monday, November 25th at 5:30pm
City & County Building
1437 Bannock St., Rm. 451
Denver, CO 80202

Sub-minimum wages won't be permissible in the city after the ordinance
goes into effect. Councilman Hinds would like people to testify in
favor if they are able, to ensure this amendment's passage.

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Coordinator

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"