[Colorado-Talk] Why Isn't There a Train Between Denver and Ski Resorts Along I-70?

ReNae Anderson mother27dragon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 14:27:32 UTC 2019

This is interesting and I actually agree with this. lthough there are abandoned railroad tracks in Avon and other areas around, there really is no good area with the curves and the grades, for a train. However, I wish they would focus on the road, especially around the tunnel. It is extremely rotted and can send a car Off-balance. Rather than focusing so much on making new lanes and interchange is around Floyd Hill, they really should fix the road on both sides of the tunnel, and from the tunnel through Vail Pass. There are more accidents there than just about anywhere in the high country. The roughness of the road could help decrease the number of accidents And could make it much safer for drivers.

Through this whole area, if they would put expansion plates in, such as they have in Alaska and even in Glenwood Canyon, this could help in the rough road being damaged each year by the ice and snow, trucks and all the vehicles, especially since they are required to have chains or snow tires. Each summer, they patch up the road, but it does not keep for very long. This should be a larger focus given than what it is right now.

Karyn ReNae Anderson