[Colorado-talk] LIGHTS OUT NIGHT OUT

Kevan Worley Kevan at wefitwellness.com
Wed Sep 19 16:31:45 UTC 2018

Greetings colleagues,

I am very happy to endorse and support "Lights Out Night Out" the evening of October 2nd, at Hiltons on Canyon, 2601 Canyon Blvd, Boulder. Boulder Valley Chapter President Maryann Migliorelli and her team have dreamed up and planned a positive twist on an old worn out, demeaning concept. "Lights Out Night Out" will raise money for our Boulder Valley chapter. 50 bucks will give you a great dinner experience. Guests will be invited to don sleepshades but there will be Federation captains at each table. Maryann and I will be Master of Ceremonies. This ain't Dinning in the Dark.

We have considered the resolution passed at our 2012 National Convention. I wholeheartedly support the 2012 Resolution. I am attaching it. I believe we have planned the "Lights Out Night Out" in a way that can actually serve to educate the public. I think this will be a great experiment. And, I also think that this is good content for chapter philosophy discussions.

Maryann and I have spoken with President LaBarre prior to moving forward with this event. I look forward to being the MC. I hope that a few of you will join us. I look forward to your questions and I know Maryann does. Make your reservations by calling Maryann, 303.443.2600, press zero, and ask for Maryann Migliorelli. Please spread the word. I am attaching the flier and pasting it below.

Lights Out Night Out

Tuesday October 2nd, 2018

Hiltons on Canyon

2601 Canyon Blvd

6 p.m.- 9 p.m.

Tickets $50 (+ tax)

Enjoy a fascinating and fun experience while contributing to the Boulder chapter of the National Federation of the Blind.

Treat your honey.

Bring your buddies.

Satisfy your craving for a fabulous 5-course tasting.

Please your pallet.

And, by all means, bring your adventurous spirit.

Please allow Executive Chef Chris Ginn to prepare for you an amazing meal. Beverage pairings will be offered with each course. Here is the twist. Guests at this intriguing event will be invited to don a blindfold through dinner. The month may be October, but we assure you being blind won't be as scary as you might think. You might have a spill or two. Maybe get a smidge of sauce on your shirt. But, you will soon find that life need not become less vivid, enjoyable, and deeply satisfying just because you are blind. We guarantee you will have a little laughter and learn a lot throughout Chef Ginn's marvelous dinner. It's not as though you will lose your capacity to think when you lose your sense of sight. It doesn't take too long to get this blindness thing down. You might not get there during your first night out, but, with a little practice people who are blind quickly find the confidence and techniques to live the lives they want.

Searching the term "lights out" on Google indicates that a team may be playing so well, "on all cylinders that you could turn the lights out and it wouldn't make a difference." The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

The staff at Hiltons on Canyon is known for hospitality. Accomplished Chef, Boulder athlete, Chris Ginn is known for his tasty and healthy cuisine. We know a good time will be had by all. For questions or to purchase tickets, call 303.443.2600, press zero, and ask for Maryann Migliorelli. The evening begins with a cocktail reception in our ballroom foyer. There will be beer, wine, and hors d'oeuvres to enjoy, as well as the opportunity for cash donations to the NFB.

At Your Service,
[Kevan's signature]
Kevan Worley
Cell: 303-929-2369