[Colorado-talk] Valentine's Day at the Capitol

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 17:17:33 UTC 2018

That's right!  This year as we push for a bill to protect the parental
rights of Coloradans who have disabilities - including blind parents -
we'll deliver 100 Valentines from blind parents to every Colorado
member of the Legislature!

Rep. Jessie Danielson, who ably chaired the Interim Study Committee to
create a distinct entity in DVR to serve blind Coloradans, has agreed
to carry the bill, which has not yet been introduced.

We'll gather at 11 a.m. in our usual location, the Old Supreme Court
Chambers, Room 220 on the Second Floor of the Capitol.  From there,
we'll fan out to the offices of each member to deliver our message of
dignity, equality under the law, and the capacity of blind parents to
love, nurture and protect our children!

We'll also be talking about our NFB Newsline funding and any other
matters that may come up in the Legislature.

Mark your calendars, make your plans and take your sweetheart to
dinner afterward!

See you on Valentine's Day!

Dan

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"