[Colorado-talk] HB1104

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 22:53:37 UTC 2018

Greetings all!

Depressing that HR620 passed, but as Scott said, we can still stop
this in the Senate. And there's no time to worry over it.

We had a good Valentine's Day at the Capitol yesterday. Moving on to
next Tuesday's hearing in our Colorado legislature on HB1104, I know
that not everyone can be there. But you can do something. I am pasting
the naames, e-mail and phone numbers of all 13 members of the Public
Health and Human Services Committee in the House.  Lots of people with
all kinds of disabilities will be at this hearing, but don't leave it
to them. Show your support by calling the members or the chairman
listed below.  If you know one of these members, by all means call or
e-mail them.  Or tweet them!

HB1104
The bill establishes that family protection safeguards for a parent or
prospective parent with a disability are critical to family
preservation and the best interests of the children of Colorado. These
safeguards include:
• That a parent's disability must not serve as a basis for denial or
restriction of parenting time or parental responsibilities;
• That, when devising a treatment plan, active efforts must be made to
include the provision of reasonable accommodations for a parent's
disability;
• That a parent's disability must not serve as a basis for denial of
participation in a public or private adoption, or for denial of foster
care or guardianship, when it is otherwise determined to be in the
best interest of the child; and
• That the benefits of providing supportive parenting services must be
considered by a court when determining parental responsibilities,
parenting time, adoption placements, foster care, and guardianship.

Read more at
https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb18-1104

COMMITTEE MEMBERS

1, Representative Jonathan Singer, Chair
11
Democrat
Phone:
303-866-2780
Email:
jonathan.singer.house at state.co.us
Twitter:
@Singer4Colorado

2, Representative Jessie Danielson, Vice Chair
24
Democrat
Phone
303-866-5522

Email
Jessie.danielson.house at state.co.us
Twitter:
@jessiedanielson

3, Representative Susan Beckman
38
Republican
SSB 641

Phone:
303-866-2953

Email:
Susan.Beckman.house at state.co.us

Twitter:
@ SusanBeckman38

4, Representative Marc Catlin

58
Republican
SSB 638
Phone:
303-866-2955

Email:
Marc.catlin.house at state.co.us

5, Representative Justin Everett

22
Republican
SSB 639

Phone:
303-866-2927

Email:
justin.everett.house at state.co.us

Twitter:
@ Everett4Colo

6, Representative Joann Ginal

52
Democrat

Phone:
303-866-4569

Email:
Joann.ginal.house at state.co.us

Twitter:
@ joannginal

7, Representative Edie Hooton

10
Democrat
SSB622

Phone:
303-866-2915

Email:
edie.hooton.house at state.co.us

Twitter:
@ EdieHooton

8, Representative Lois Landgraf

21
Republican

Phone:
303-866-2946

Email:
Lois.landgraf.house at state.co.us

Twitter:
@ landgrafforjobs

9, Representative Hugh McKean

51
Republican
SSB 645

Phone:
303-866-2947

Email:
Hugh.mckean.house at state.co.us

Twitter:
@ hmckean

10, Representative Dafna Michaelson Jenet

30
Democrat

Phone:
303-866-2945

Email:
Dafna.michaelsonjenet.house at state.co.us

Twitter:
@ dafna_m

11, Representative Dan Pabon

4
Democrat

Phone:
303-866-2954

Email:
Dan.pabon.house at state.co.us

Twitter:
@ Dan_Pabon

13, Representative Brittany Pettersen
28

Democrat
Capitol 332

Phone:
303-866-2939

Email:

Jessie.danielson.house at state.co.us
Twitter:

Susan.Beckman.house at state.co.us

Twitter:

Marc.catlin.house at state.co.us

justin.everett.house at state.co.us

Twitter:

Joann.ginal.house at state.co.us

Twitter:

edie.hooton.house at state.co.us

Twitter:

Lois.landgraf.house at state.co.us

Twitter:

Dafna.michaelsonjenet.house at state.co.us

Twitter:

Dan.pabon.house at state.co.us

Twitter:

Brittany.pettersen.house at state.co.us

Twitter:
@ pettersen4co

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"