[Colorado-talk] Exciting Times Filled With Great Challenges and Opportunities

Kevan Worley Kevan at wefitwellness.com
Mon Feb 12 15:17:28 UTC 2018

Hello,

This will be an exciting week for the members of the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado. As we move forward to the Day at the Capitol, I ask that we spread the word about the most effective ways we can present ourselves, educating and advocating for best results. Passage of The Family Preservation for Parents with Disability Act is one of the most critical pieces of legislation for which we have ever worked. If you know your member of the General Assembly, feel free to reach out and let them know the blind are coming on Wednesday.

When we walk the halls of the capitol this Wednesday, remember that you can leave your jackets, backpacks, and other personal items in the Old Supreme Court Chamber. There will be people there. Your stuff will be safe. It is much easier to look professional without the jacket and the backpack, etc. Let's urge our buddies to look like you are going to a job interview.

Also, as Dan Burke will remind us, we must call our members of the House of Representatives in Washington D.C. before Wednesday, and let them know how much we oppose H.R. 620. It is a bill that would significantly undermine the Americans With Disabilities Act. We do know that Congressmen Tipton, Lamborn, Buck, and Coffman are cosponsors of this terrible piece of legislation.

Remember that we will be drawing for a $100 bill at 11 a.m. Wednesday morning. Be on time! Bring somebody with you! We will make our presence known at the capitol this Valentine's Day.

Thank you!

At Your Service,

[cid:image001.png at 01CDBC37.7997B120]
[2010LogoFinal (2)]