[Colorado-talk] Ask Sen. Gardner this morning to Cosponsor Marrakesh

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 15:11:13 UTC 2018

Greetings –

Let’s make a quick call to Sen. Cory Gardner’s office this morning!
We’ve been working on getting him to cosponsor S.2559, the Marrakesh
Treaty Implementation Act, partly because he’s our Senator and partly
because he is on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that must
approve this bill before it can be voted on by the full Senate.

At 11:30 our time, Scott LaBarre and Gabe Cazares from our NFB
legislative team will be meeting with one of Sen. Gardner’s aides in
Washington. So your calls this morning can really have an impact.

Here’s the number for Sen. Gardner’s Capitol Hill office:

202-224-5941

As you will recall, the Marrakesh Treaty makes it possible to exchange
published titles created in alternate formats, such as Braille and
other formats that we as blind people use, across international
borders.  This means a huge leap forward in terms of our access to
information.

Thanks!

Dan

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"