[Colorado-talk] Elementary Math Skills

Rob trebor681 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 00:35:46 UTC 2017

We are in a public elementary center-based school, meaning the district
chooses to put their resources there and if we want to receive those
services we go there. IEP is up to 79% gen ed. SPED resource room, I have 3
reports of extreme refusal to do work such as write a grid to represent 2x3
on whiteboard or computer. When asked after school, Isabelle has
communicated to us that she does not understand what they are looking for.
As middle school is near, the skills needed to succeed may be lacking but
that never being discussed until we asked questions. Somewhat vague and I
purposefully so, but basically the school has not taught her as a blind
student and now that it is crunch time and I asked for accountability I
need to understand matters as best I can. I contend that if you don't teach
something don't expect results to the contrary.