[Colorado-talk] Workforce and Rehabilitation Stats?

James Beal bealcorgi at aol.com
Tue May 26 21:43:32 UTC 2015

Your information is interesting for a couple of reasons. As you know,
Colorado's Department of Vocational Rehabilitation will now be managed
under the Colorado Department of Labor, the same people who operate our
workforce locations. They already have their own case managers for
working with disabled people, and, from what I can tell, they know
absolutely nothing about work with blind consumers. I don't know what
makes our state leadership think that this movement away from the
Department of Social Services in and of itself will improve services
for the blind as those same less than knowledgeable staff will be
placed in positions as rehabilitation counselors as these jobs become
available. We will have to reteach them about what blind consumers need
and they may or may not be of any more help than they have been
previously. We need to seriously examine the possibility of developing
privately managed services for the blind as government has so far
demonstrated that we are not a high priority.

James Beal
bealcorgi at aol.com