[Colorado-talk] Preliminary Gate Assignments at Denver Union Station (DUS)

Gary Van Dorn garyvdrn at msn.com
Sat May 3 15:30:39 UTC 2014

Mr. Willoughby sent a description of the DUS Promenade via E-mail on 27 April 2014.  RTD attended the Mile High Chapter meeting and sent me a PowerPoint beforehand.

DUS contains three entrances at Chestnut Street, Wewatta Street (in the middle) and Union Station.  Each entrance to the concourse below is within a pavilion.  There are elevators, escalators and stairs in each pavilion descending to the concourse below.

RTDs description of the layout of for the concourse is:

22 bus gates; 11 gates on each side of the concourse.

If you are coming down Chestnut Pavilion (from light rail), to the left will be gates 13-22 and to the right will be gates 1-12.

All gates have the letter “B” in front of the number (for example, B13); all gates will have raised letters and braille on its plaques.

Gate assignments are subject to change so visually impaired [and blind] passengers are encouraged to call customer care at 303-299-6000 or visit the information and ticketing booth in the center of the concourse during their normal operating hours.

RTD provided information on the preliminary gate assignments at Denver Union Station (DUS).  The preliminary gate assignments are subject to change.  Remember to call 303-299-6000.  You may also seek assistance from an “RTD Ambassador” or the help desk.  The preliminary gate assignments are:

Right now the [preliminary] assignments are as follows on AM weekdays:
B1 & B2: Free MetroRide drop-off only
B3 & B4: Future commercial buses
B5, B6 & B7: B Family (Boulder bound buses) – must check signage, call 303-299-6000 or see information desk
B8: AF to DIA
B9: Route L
B10: Route 120x
B11: Free MetroRide drop-off only
B12 & B13: Free MetroRide pick-up only
B14, B15, B16 & B17: Drop-off only for a variety of routes depending on time
B18: AF westbound
B19: Route 20
B20: Route 0
B21 & B22: Free MetroRide pick-up only
Drop-offs only on weekday AM: 31x, 40x, 55x, 72x, 80x, 86x and 104x

Right now the [preliminary] assignments are as follows on PM weekdays:
B1 & B2: Free MetroRide drop-off only
B3 & B4: Future commercial buses
B5: Route 0 from staging
B6: Route 20
B7: Routes AF westbound and 55x
B8: Route AF to DIA and AF westbound
B9: Routes 80x and 104x
B10: Route 72x
B11: Free MetroRide drop-off
B12 & B13: Free MetroRide pick-up
B14: Route 31x and 40x
B15: Route 120x
B16: Route 86x
B17: Route L/LX
B18: Route LNX/LSX
B19 & B20: B Family (Boulder bound buses)
B21 & B22: Free MetroRide pick-up

There is no tactile map at this time.

I hope to see as many of you as possible next Friday.  The Mile High Chapter hopes we have as many from our Federation family coming from Boulder, North Metro, Aurora, Denver, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, and other NFBCO Chapters and Divisions to visit everyone’s Denver Union Station.

I encourage EVERYBODY to provide feedback to RTD at customercare at rtd-denver.com on your experience with DUS; please send me a cc at garyvdrn at msn.com.  I will use your feedback when Joe and I talk to the Board when we attend their Committee and Board Meetings.

Gary Van Dorn
President, Mile High NFBCO
Board Member, NFBCO