[Colorado-talk] New time and location for NFB Boulder Valley Chapter meeting

maryannmigs at gmail.com maryannmigs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 17:49:54 UTC 2014

Attention, members and friends of the National Federation of the Blind
Boulder Valley Chapter! I want to invite you to our first meeting at our new
location and time. We will meet from 10:00 a.m. to 12 noon on Saturday,
February 22. (This is the fourth Saturday of the month, as usual, but note
the one-hour change of time.)

Jessica Beecham, NFB of Colorado Community Outreach person, will join us at
this event.

Our new meeting place is in a prime location. It is near the RTD's Boulder
Transit Center, which is at 14th and Walnut in downtown Boulder.

This month we will meet in Room 250 in the education wing (Geneva Wing) of
the First Presbyterian Church of Boulder, at 1830 15th Street. (Please see
below for detailed directions.) This is a large church which participates
actively in the community, and which has many outside groups meeting there.

We will serve light refreshments. Afterward, there will be the opportunity
to enjoy any of the many restaurants which are very close. There are also
many interesting small shops in the area.

Agenda items include:

*	The Washington Seminar
*	The upcoming state Day at the Capitol
*	Reports on RTD automatic stop announcements and Smart Cards
*	Peter Galvin, from Rabbit Ride, an up-and-coming transportation
option in the metro area.
*	The Presidential Release
*	Plans and goals for the year, including whether we will continue to
meet at this new location and time.
*	Fund raising

Following are detailed directions from the Boulder Transit Center:

The Transit Center is at the corner of 14th Street and Walnut Street. Go out
the west exit from the waiting room and north to the corner. Walk east along
the south side of Walnut to 15th Street, and cross 15th Street. On the far
side of 15th Street, turn south. There will be a grassy strip between the
sidewalk and the street. (You will cross some driveways.)

On your left is a small parking lot. Then, after at least one driveway and
after some grass on your left, you will find a wide sidewalk going to your
left (east). Walk east about ten feet, then go down three steps, and proceed
on across the parking lot to the building entrance.

Inside the building, walk straight ahead, then turn left. Soon you will find
stairs and the elevator on your right. Go on up to second floor, and turn
left to find Room 250 on your left.

Following are alternate directions via Canyon Boulevard:

Canyon runs along the south side of the Transit Center and another building.
Walk east on Canyon to 15th Street. Cross 15th and turn north. You will walk
beside the edge of a small playground. Then you will walk along beside a
solid wall which has no entrances (but does have some indentations for large
windows). Cross a driveway and soon you will find the sidewalk going east,
with the steps, as described above.

If you have questions or need further directions to this meeting location,
e-mail maryannmigs at gmail.com , call me at 720-284-2318, or call Curtis and
Doris Willoughby at 303-424-7373.

We look forward to seeing you at a meeting full of valuable information and
planning for the coming year.

Sincerely,

Maryann Migliorelli, President

National Federation of the Blind  Boulder Valley Chapter