[Colorado-talk] 2015 Legislative Day at the Capitol

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Tue Dec 30 21:35:02 UTC 2014

Jim, I am subscribed to this list and therefore no need to ask Dan to
petition me on your behalf.

We start the Day at the Capitol at 8:00 am for a few important reasons.
First, the sessions begin at 9:00 am both in the Senate and the House.
Normally, we get recognized on the floor of both houses and it is important
for us to have a presence in the chambers.  Second, morning is usually a
better time to catch as many of these folks as possible.  Often times, they
run off in the afternoon and/or have any tighter committee requirements.
Third, it is easier to get the Old Supreme Court Chambers which comes to us
free and can seat over 100 people.

We have no problem assisting chapters to stay in Denver the night before and
we do that just about every year.  Your idea about the Denver Public Library
is a good one but might be better suited for a different kind of public
engagement event.  It would be much more logistically difficult to
headquarter our legislative day out of  the library.

Jim, thank yu for your ideas.  At the moment, I think we are best suited
starting in the morning and going from there.  I want to wish you and
everyone on the list a very Happy New Year!